Live and silent auctions once again this year
Help us shake off “the coldest winter in 30 years” with our annual Garden Party fundraiser on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 at 6pm at the Cultural Center. This year’s event will once again include both a silent and live auction, plus the return of the “Wall of Wine” from this year’s Holiday Auction.
Bidding for the Silent Auction begins at 6:00 and concludes at 7:30pm.
The Live Auction begins at 7:40pm with auctioneer Rod Mursu.
Please mark your calendars now and join us on May 1st to get ready for gardening and life outdoors after another long winter at this year’s annual “rite of spring.” Drinks and light refreshments will be served.
Wall of Wine
Who wouldn’t want to win a wall full of wine? It can be carried home (relatively) easily, it does not have to be used right way, and it can be shared with others. The Wall of Wine fundraiser is a great concept – pay as little as $5 for a single chance – or increase your odds at $10 for three chances – or any multiples up from there – to win 25+ bottles of wine! We are currently accepting donations of bottles of wine, now through May 1st. Tickets will be sold at the Garden Party for $5 for one chance, or $10 for three chances (or $20 for six chances, etc.). You are NOT required to be present to win, and we are also pre-selling tickets for those unable to attend on May 1st. At the Garden Party, we will draw TWO winners, each of whom will win at least 25 bottles of wine.
Current Live Auction Items (list will be updated as new items come in):
Thank you for the businesses and individuals for the generous donations for our live auction. Please click the business names below to check out their websites and support these local business owners!
- Come Fly With Me – Pilot plus three individuals will experience 2- 30 minute or 1- 60 minute ride for a birds eye view of our lakes country, donated by Bob Cavanaugh, Perham.
- Full Moon Rising – Wine tasting and appetizers for 6 with host Bob & Ingrid Sonnenberg and Trisha McCarthy. Choose June 13, July 12 or August 10 for a groovy experience.
- Promenade Ballroom, Perham – $300 in dance lessons.
- Bridgette’s Main Frames, Perham – $200 towards the custom framing of one piece of artwork, owner Bridgette Thiesen.
- At the Window – $300 towards Hunter Douglas Window Treatment from At the Window, owner Carol Myhre.
- Garden Makeover – $400 Garden Makeover including 1 hour consultation with Heather Cassidy and plants from Grass Roots Nursery; donated by Mary DuBois, $495 total value.
- Big Pine Lake Pontoon Cruise – Pontoon ride, appetizers and drinks for 6 during Summer 2014 with Dean & Kathy Simpson and Al & Jana Berube.
- Fly Fishing Experience – Front 20 Outfitters Fly Shop & Guide Service offers an evening of fly fishing for 2 people, including transportation, beverages and all equipment needs, donated by Doug and Roxanne Harthan.
- Dragonfly Garden Screen – Metal garden screen, donated by Patrick & Karen Kilby.
- Garden Bell & Rustic Tripod Stand – Created from an oxygen tank by New York Mills sculptor Tim Cassidy.