Education & Outreach
Art education is happening at the Cultural Center in New York Mills.
New programing at the Cultural Center invites the community to join in the fun.
- Community Weaving: Come in and add to our weaving. Just as a community is made up of a variety of individuals that create the whole, so does a weaving take many components to create a beautiful piece of art. Stop by anytime we are open and add any materials we have or bring your own materials to add to this one of a kind wall hanging.
- Native American Heritage month art show is going on now through the end of December. After viewing wonderful artwork in the gallery space, take time to learn a little about Ledger Art and create your own story.
- Starting in December, New York Mills 4th grade classes will be visiting the Cultural Center for tours and art lessons!
- Also starting in December, our teaching artist / education coordinator will be visiting the 6th grade classes to present art workshops.
- If you want to schedule an artist visit to your location or if you would like to bring a group (adult or children) to the Cultural Center for an art discussion and project, please call Cheryl Bannes, Education Coordinator at 218-385-3339 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org