On May 14th, we hosted our annual Garden Party fundraiser at the Cultural Center. We were overwhelmed with the generosity of donors and bidders, and are thrilled to report that you, our community of supporters, invested more than $7,300 to bring high-quality arts programming into the lives of rural Minnesotans! This investment helps bring to life the Cultural Center’s mission to be a rural center for creativity, community vitality, and lifelong learning in the arts. THANK YOU!!
The evening involved a silent auction, live auction, beans & brats cooked on the back deck, yummy sweets & treats donated by board members, a wall of wine and visiting artist’s artwork drawing, and plenty of good conversation. A few numbers to help tell the story of what a successful (and FUN!) evening it was…
- 147 items donated for the live and silent auctions
- 81 bidding numbers
- 100+ attendees
- 160+ tickets sold for the Wall of Wine
- 50+ tickets sold for Visiting Artist Kiki Farish paintings
- 72 brats (thanks to the Mills Locker Plant for donating the brats & Dean’s Country Market for donating the buns!)
- 2 crock pots of beans
- 76 bags of chips (thanks to KLN for donating!)
- 12 empty bottles of wine and 50 empty bottles of beer recycled
This event would not have been possible without the donations from area businesses and individuals (more than 70 of you!)…thank you for your generosity. Additionally, a big thank you goes out to all volunteers, staff and board members who came together and worked hard to pull off a really great event.
We are grateful. We hope you’ll come visit us again soon at the Center.
PS Did you miss the party, but still want to give? Just click here to donate.