Thursday April 21st
6:00 to 8:00pm
Spring is spritely sprinkling on Northern Minnesota and the Cultural Center is ready to plant more seeds of creativity in the Lakes Area community! This is only possible with your generous gifts of time, talents, creativity, crafts, and cash. Join us on April 21st from 6 to 8pm for our Annual Garden Party! This year’s itinerary includes:
- Live Auction featuring local green houses and florists
- Silent Auction including plants and gardening accessories
- Wall of Wine and Craft Beer Drawing
- Beer, Brats, & Beans! Vittles to buy and nibble
- NEW this year: live art creation and auction of painted work
- NEW this year: Artist’s Silent Auction celebrating the local
…and more fun!
Cultural Center board member, Sarah Carlson, enthusiastically announces the Silent Auction of art and artisanal goods made by local artists and artisans. While the Silent Auction isn’t new to the Cultural
Center’s Annual Garden Party, a silent auction celebrating local artists is! All proceeds from this auction will be shared equally between the Center and the artists, so bid early and bid often.
2016 Cultural Center Annual Garden Party Silent Auction Artists
Patti Donaldson, fused glass artist Shirlee Aho Daulton, potter
Donna Geiser, textiles artisan Megan Hagel, digital printmaker
Elisa Korenne, singer-songwriter Stacy Kron, painter & photographer
John Olesen, glassblower John Peeters, decoy artist
Kent Scheer, toy maker & sculptor Paula Theil, jewelry maker
Nikki Werner, printmaker Todd Yotter, welder
Included in the Silent Auction are 12 pieces of art created by regional artists, donated to the Cultural Center by Pam and Gary Robinson from their personal collection! 100% of the proceeds from these pieces will benefit the Cultural Center. Thank you very much Pam & Gary!
The Cultural Center also makes a call to the community: donations needed and welcome! From the Live Plant Sale to the Wall of Wine, the Cultural Center depends on your generosity to make this event the fun fundraiser it is meant to be!
- Beer and wine donations for the Wall of Wine and Drawing can be left at the Center during regular business hours before April 21st
- Anyone who donates bottles of wine or 6-packs of beer to the Wall of Wine and Craft Beer Drawing get one free ticket to the drawing
- Live plants will be accepted the week of April 18th-21st and gardening accessories any day until the 21st
- Artist donations, silent auction items, and anything you care to give will be accepted until April 21st
The Cultural Center thanks the community for all your support. Please join us on April 21st from 6-8pm! Bid, buy, eat and drink beer, brats, & beans and bring a barrel o’ laughs bustling into your being!