In the Gallery:
May 22 – June 29, 2019
Reception June 7 @ 6:30pm
All are invited to our annual Adult Regional Art Show! Admission is always free to view Gallery exhibits at the Cultural Center in New York Mills, and all ages, abilities and backgrounds are always welcome.
This year’s Adult Regional Show is titled “Distinctly Minnesota” and artists have been asked to submit artwork that represents what Minnesota means to them.
Don’t miss the chance to see this beautiful, creative, and diverse gallery exhibit! It will be on display May 22 – June 20, 2019. Our Gallery & Gift Shop Hours are: Wednesdays & Thursdays 10am-7pm, Fridays 10am-5pm, and Saturdays 10am-3pm.
The Reception for this Exhibit will be held on Friday, June 7, 2019, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. This reception is free to attend and open to all. Enjoy local artwork, live music, and connecting with fellow artists. Hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be available.
In addition to having the opportunity to get to know regional artists, attendees will also have the chance to meet the 2019 Great American Think-Off Finalists at this special “Meet & Greet” Reception! Additionally, a historical walking tour of New York Mills will precede the Reception at 5:30 p.m. Details follow:
Think-Off Kick-Off June 7th, 2019
Join us for a night of fun in New York Mills to kick off our annual Great American Think-Off weekend in our beautiful historic visual arts Gallery space! The evening will include:
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Historical Walking Tour of New York Mills. Led by Chris Schuelke of the Otter Tail County Historical Society. Cost $6/person. Meet at the Cultural Center.
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Meet & Greet Reception. Gather and connect in the Gallery of the Cultural Center and meet featured artists in our “Distinctly Minnesota” Gallery Exhibit as well as the 2019 Think-Off Finalists. Free to attend & open to all. Live music, hors d’oeuvres, and cash bar.
The 2019 Think-Off Debate will be held the following night, Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the NYM School Auditorium. Tickets available here: Buy Think-Off Tickets. Reception immediately following at the Cultural Center. Click for more info: 2019 Think-Off Debate.
INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS:
Show us your best interpretation of what Minnesota means to you! All works must be ready to display: wire hangers on framed work, sculptural pieces can be planned for pedestal or on the floor. Submit up to 2 pieces.
Drop Off and Cost:
- Drop off work Wednesday 5/15 & Thursday 5/16 10am-7pm; Friday 5/17 from 10am-5pm; Saturday 5/18 from 10am-3pm.
- Submit up to two works; $25 for one piece and $35 for two. Current paid members are eligible for 1/2 price entry fee.
- Must be completed in 2015-2019.
- Preferred available for sale (with 30% commission) – but not required.
- Must be gallery ready: framed, hooks & wire, no saw-tooth hangers.
- Attach labels to front and back – including retail price. Labels to include: Artists Contact Info, Medium, Title, Year Completed, Price. **Forms can be picked up & completed at the Cultural Center.**
- 1st Prize: $75 cash, Cultural Center t-shirt, 2 event tickets
- 2nd Prize: $50 cash, Cultural Center t-shirt, 1 event ticket
- 3rd Prize: $25 cash, Cultural Center t-shirt, 1 event ticket
- Must be picked up Saturday, June 29th by 3pm, or call 218-385-3339 to make arrangements.
- A gallery reception to meet the artists will be held June 7th at 6:30-8:30 p.m.