Art for kids in the great outdoors
Join us in your parks this summer
Dates & locations vary, see below
The Cultural Center’s ‘Art in Your Park’ program returns to YOUR parks in New York Mills, Perham, and Wadena this summer! Join us in the great outdoors for a variety of fun art projects for kids.
Designed for children in grades K-6. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. There is no cost to participate and all are welcome.
Art in Your Park will take place on the dates noted below from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted).
This program is free to attend & open to all; donations are gratefully accepted to help us continue to offer these community programs available to all.
Please check our website and/or follow us on Facebook for the most updated schedule and any weather-related announcements. Call the Cultural Center at (218) 385-3339 for more information or email Cheryl Bannes, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions or would like to volunteer to assist with this program.
This summer, workshops will focus on art processes and elements of art. We will also be collaborating with the Otter Tail County Precious Plastics team at a couple of our workshops! The 2023 schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, May 31 @ 4-7pm: NYM Sculpture Park during Celebrating Cultures
- Wednesday, June 7: NYM Smith Park
- Wednesday, June 14: Perham Library
- Friday, June 16: Wadena Green Island
- Wednesday, June 28: NYM Lund Park
- Wednesday, July 5: Perham Library
- Friday, July 7: NYM Cultural Center during Fish House Fest
- Wednesday, July 12: Wadena Green Island, collaboration with OTC recycling
- Wednesday, July 19: NYM Central Park
- Tuesday, August 1 @ 4-6pm: NYM Cultural Center during National Night Out
- Wednesday, August 2: NYM Hidden Trails Park (formerly Southside Park)
- Wednesday, August 9: NYM Sculpture Park
Children interested in participating are welcome to just stop by and join in the fun! If you would like to receive Art in Your Park updates, please email Cheryl Bannes at email@example.com and we will add you to our participant list.
Art in Your Park (AIYP) is free for kids, but not without cost. These art activities for kids are available thanks to the generous support of our donors, members, and grant-making organizations. Continued donations are needed to keep these programs free and available to all. Thank you! Please join us in YOUR parks this summer!Click to donate to Art in Your Park >