Annual Spring Fundraiser May 5, 2017
Come see the Garden Party Gallery Show from April 27 through May 5. Start bidding early on local artists’ work, or “Buy Now” to make sure your favorite piece goes home with you! Free to view and open to all during regular Center hours.
Then, join us for the Garden Party Fundraiser on Cinco de Mayo (Friday, May 5)! Cerveza, salsa, sausages & more to eat & drink, available for purchase. “Celebrate the Local” Artist Auction bidding ends during the party. Live auction at 6:45pm. And, new this year–everyone is a winner in the Wine Grab and Plant Grab–purchase a ticket for $10 and grab the corresponding bottle or pot!
The Cultural Center always appreciates the generous support of the New York Mills & surrounding communities. We are seeking donations of wine and plants for the new Wine & Plant Grabs. Any donations of wine and/or live plants welcome (seedlings, saplings, split perennials, mixed containers, cut live flowers)–we’ll take them all! Thank you, everyone, for the continued generous support!
At the Event
At the event, you can expect a variety of FUNdraising activities…please come ready to eat, drink, BID, and be merry! Kick off your Cinco de Mayo celebration with us, while supporting Cultural Center programs and regional artists. There will be many ways to contribute:
- “Celebrate the Local” Silent Auction featuring local artists (50% of proceeds to the artist!)
- Live Auction at 6:45pm featuring:
- Picnic table donated by Lumber Depot in NYM and painted by Pam Robinson
- Garden Bench designed, built & donated by Ardean Kliewer and painted by John Peeters
- Outdoor Lawn Games package donated by Cultural Center Board Members
- Pair of Handcarved Wooden Benches built & donated by Dick Wentz
- Intro to Fly Fishing package donated by Front 20 Outfitters
- Cultural Center Golden Ticket — FREE entry to ALL performing arts events for a year!
- Great American Think-Off VIP package for 2 @ this summer’s 25th annual Think-Off
- Apple Tree (donated by Grass Roots Nursery) & Kid Gardening Set (donated by the Partas)
- Taste of the Region restaurant gift card packages
- Wine Grab — buy a $10 ticket & match your number to a bottle — everyone is a winner!
- Plant Grab — buy a $10 ticket & match your number to a plant — everyone is a winner!
- “Heads or Tails” Split the Pot — buy a $10 chance, choose heads or tails, & remain standing if you choose correctly; the last woman or man standing splits the pot with the Center!
- Support the Center for a Day — a new initiative to support daily occupancy costs. Donate $25 and receive recognition on our website and in the front window of the Center. Pick specific days to honor friends, family members, or your own birthday or anniversary, or let us choose a day for you. The Cultural Center is here for our community & region, and this is a way to honor the amazing support we receive by recognizing “Support a Day” contributors of $25 per day. This initiative is being kicked off at the 2017 Garden Party and it is our goal to “sell” the first month (30 days) at this event–come help us meet & beat this goal!