Creative job opportunity for energetic and imaginative person at the New York Mills Regional Cultural Center
Seeking individual for fun, challenging, and flexible job opportunity. Duties include marketing, management of gift shop, weekly sales reconciliation, and event planning & execution. 25-30 hours/week, beginning ASAP.
Must be able to help cover open hours at the Cultural Center at least two-three days per week, during Gallery and Gift Store Open Hours: Wed-Thurs 10-6, Fri 10-5, and Sat 10-3 (closed Sun-Tues). Some weekends and evenings required.
We recognize that we may need to hire multiple people and we will match skills/interests to responsibilities.
- Marketing – Maximize community impact through effective marketing of programs. Duties include website posts, social media, poster design, press releases, seasonal brochures, etc.
- Gift shop – Maximize sales for artists and earned revenue for the Center through effective merchandising and management. Duties include managing consignment & wholesale purchasing and reconciliation, vendor & artist relationships, sales, promotions & marketing, and related events.
- Weekly sales & bank deposits – Track sales, create reports and prepare bank deposit weekly.
- Event planning – Help plan, coordinate and execute various programs and events.
- Tourism and hospitality – greet visitors, answer phones, provide tourism information.
- Administrative duties – assist with projects and support as needed.
Requirements: Some weekends and evenings required. Some physical work required.
Skills: Creative Problem Solver, Flexibility, Team Player, Ability to Multi-task, Customer Focus, Pricing, Vendor & Artist Relationships, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Client Relationships, Verbal and Written Communication, Financial Knowledge, Marketing/Promotional Planning, Merchandise Planning, Graphic Design, Social Media, Event Planning.
Programs: Google Suite, Microsoft (Excel, Word), WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, Little Green Light (CRM), ShopKeep (Point-of-Sale).
Education/Experience: Arts, marketing, and/or merchandising education/background preferred, related experience/interest acceptable.
The New York Mills Regional Cultural Center’s mission is to be a rural hub for creativity, community vitality, and lifelong learning in the arts. Our vision is to connect people to artists and rich cultural experiences in rural Minnesota, celebrating the local and being a window to the world.
We offer visitors intimate opportunities to encounter art and artists in our 80-seat concert listening room, visual art gallery in a historic building, a gift shop featuring local artists, an artist residency program, a sculpture park, and a variety of opportunities to learn, grow, and thrive.
Our core values include hospitality, drawing sustenance from the local, expansive understanding of the arts, community, and inclusivity.
The New York Mills Regional Cultural Center is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and compassion. We unequivocally condemn intolerance, racism, and all forms of hatred. We seek to listen and learn, and to amplify the voices of the under- and mis-represented. We approach this work with optimism, courage, and humility, knowing that we will make mistakes, learn, and adapt along the way.
Since our incorporation in 1990, we have been dedicated to expanding the cultural and creative opportunities for rural Americans. Come join our team and be a part of one of the first and finest rural art centers in the nation!