Call for Regional Artists!
“When the Work is Done”
Annual Adult Regional Show
In the Gallery May 25 – July 2, 2022
The New York Mills Regional Cultural Center is pleased to announce the 2022 theme for its Annual Adult Regional Gallery Show: When the Work is Done. This show will be in the Gallery May 25 – July 2, 2022.
Everyone you know works hard at something. Whether it’s your 9-5, caring for your elderly parents and/or raising your own kids, or tending to your backyard garden or acres of crops, we’ve all got responsibilities that take up our time. This exhibit is all about what you do after your work is done. What does that mean, you ask? It’s totally up to you!
This is YOUR opportunity to create some art showing those feelings of accomplishment… contentment… celebration… satisfaction… or whatever you experience when the work is done!
All regional artists are welcome to submit 1 or 2 pieces of artwork. Details follow:
- Cost: $12 per entry for current paid members; $20 per entry for non-members
- Eligible: all mediums and styles, 2D and 3D; must be completed in 2016-2022
- Prefer work to be for sale, but not required (30% Cultural Center commission on all sales)
- Must be gallery ready: framed, hooks & wire; no sawtooth hangers please
- Attach labels to back–include retail price
Important dates to know:
- Drop off work: May 17 – May 24, or call to make alternate arrangements.
- Show opens: Wed, May 25, 2022
- Show ends: Sat, July 2, 2022
- Reception: Friday June 10, 6-8 pm
- Honoring Gallery Artists & Think-Off Finalists
- Refreshments, cash bar and music!
- Pick up art: July 4-5; please arrange a pick up time with Cultural Center staff.
A full prospectus can be picked up at the Cultural Center, click here, or email Gallery Curator Cheryl Bannes at email@example.com with questions.
The Gallery is always free to see and open to ALL! Gallery Hours:
- Wednesdays 10am-7pm
- Thursdays 10am-7pm
- Fridays 10am-5pm
- Saturdays 10am-3pm
The Cultural Center is closed Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays, but available for private tours, shopping, and facility rentals. Contact to schedule at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-385-3339.
This activity is made possible in part by the voters of Minnesota through an operating support grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.