Grow Your Creative Career
Join Our Rural Arts Team
HELP WANTED! Join our creative team! Primary duties include event planning and gift store oversight, plus member retention, customer service, and other duties as assigned.
Must be detail-oriented, flexible, a self-starter, and a team player. Some evenings, weekends, and physical setup/takedown work are required.
Approximately 20-25 hours/week, starting ASAP. Starting pay range of $13-$16 per hour, depending on skills, experience, and education. Earn PTO benefits following a 3-month probationary period. Retirement savings account benefits with up to 3% match after meeting eligibility requirements (must earn $4,000 or more in the previous calendar year).
Be part of a fun & creative arts organization AND make a positive impact in our community and region! Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. More details below!
Event Planner / Gift Store Guru
20-25 hours per week, starting ASAP September 2023, open until filled.
Starting Pay: $13-$16 per hour, depending on skills/experience/education.
Seeking creative, energetic person to help grow our arts community in rural Minnesota. You will have the freedom to work independently and also be part of a fun team. Future advancement opportunities available.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- EVENT PLANNING
- Coordinate annual events: Lead staff in coordinating and executing events including recruitment of volunteers, obtaining food and supplies, setup, takedown, and the utilization of event planning spreadsheets that include all event details, schedules, lists, recaps, etc.
- Event logistics: Lead team in the successful execution of recurring events such as concerts, gallery receptions, etc.
- Strategy: Review and evaluate current events, improve efficiencies, and suggest new events that fit our organizational mission.
- GALLERY/GIFT STORE:
- Consignment: Work with artists to keep inventory fresh, maintain clear records, communicate effectively, reconcile sales quarterly, pay all artists on a timely basis, and promote artists to the public.
- Inventory: Work with staff and artists to maintain appropriate levels of inventory based on sales demand; seek new items and vendors as needed.
- Promotions: Plan annual sales & marketing events and work with staff to promote and execute them.
- MEMBER RETENTION:
- Donor Database: Learn to maximize our Network for Good (NFG) donor management system to build relationships with members and donors.
- Member Events: Plan and execute member appreciation events throughout the year.
Necessary Skills include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Email, Calendar, Photos, etc.).
- Self-starter, highly organized, ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, welcoming, and inclusive.
- Creative problem solving.
- Ability to perform some physical tasks (moving chairs, tables, sound equipment, going up & down stairs, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of and interest in arts and culture.
- Ability to work well with a variety of personality types.
- Some weekends and evenings are required.
- Ability to work during open hours as scheduled: Wednesdays & Thursdays 10am-7pm, Fridays 10am-5pm, Saturdays 10am-3pm.
Desired Skills include:
- Use of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram) for marketing and promotions
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) the city/region (we serve as tourism contact for New York Mills).
In addition to the primary duties listed above, all Cultural Center employees share basic organizational responsibilities.
- HOSPITALITY: Welcome all visitors to the Center from the front desk as the first point of contact. Share basic organizational and program info, answer questions, ring up sales, answer phones, etc.
- ADMINISTRATIVE: Assist with all aspects of program delivery and general administrative tasks and support as needed.
Questions? Call 218-385-3339 or email email@example.com.